[Users] VE cann't start after system upgrade

Gian Carlo Stagni ingats at tin.it
Thu Aug 19 18:13:29 EDT 2010

Il 19/08/2010 17:45, Oleg ha scritto:

>> Why don't you use linux-image-openvz from Debian?
>    Hm. Simply out of habit. What wrong with 2.6.32.15 kernel from openvz.org?
Nothing, but I usually prefer versions from Debian, if they exist, so I
can take advantage from the efforts of debian mantainers.

>>> RTNETLINK answers: Network is down
>> Is the network in the container working?
>    How can I verify this? As I said, VE doesn't start at all.
What is the output of "/sbin/fconfig" (in the container)?
Can you ping an external pc?

>> You could look in "/var/log/aptitude" for what packages were upgraded
>> and when.
>    As I said, I already done squeeze installation from scratch.
I thought you installed *another* machine.

With the help of "aptitude.log" you could identify the packet that broke
your previous installation and maybe help in correcting a problem.
Don't forget that Squeeze is still "testing"!

gc :-)