[Users] VE cann't start after system upgrade

Oleg lego12239 at yandex.ru
Tue Aug 17 12:13:39 EDT 2010

Hi, all.

I have machine with Debian squeeze and 2.6.32.15 kernel from openvz.org.
I use vzctl utility from vzctl Debian package (3.0.24-1). Everything worked
fine until last apt-get upgrade. After which I got the next error:

debian:~# vzctl start 101
Starting container ...
Container is mounted
Adding IP address(es): 192.168.100.201
vps-net_add WARNING: Device list is empty
vps-net_add WARNING: Device list is empty
RTNETLINK answers: Network is down
vps-net_add ERROR: Unable to add route /sbin/ip route add 192.168.100.201 dev venet0
Container start failed
Stopping container ...
Container was stopped
Container is unmounted
debian:~#

After this for clarity I done fresh squeeze installation from scratch and
got the same result.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks.