[Users] vzmigrate left me a zombie container

gregwm openvz at greatlakedata.com
Thu Aug 12 11:18:57 EDT 2010

i just tried my first vzmigrate (--online).  it said "Failed to suspend
container".  vzps now shows "refridgerator" for its processes in the WCHAN
column.  vzctl stop or restart say "operation timed out".  vzctl start says
"Container is already running".  man vzctl suggests a --fast stop option,
but it's not clear how to invoke it:

vzctl --fast stop 217
Bad command: --fast
vzctl stop --fast 217
Bad CT ID --fast
vzctl stop 217 --fast
Stopping container ...
Unable to stop container: operation timed out
(same as without --fast)

there must be some way out other than reboot the host.  anyone know what it
is?