[Users] Maximum VEID

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Mon Apr 26 11:28:33 EDT 2010

Hi all.  I swear that when I first started using OpenVZ a few years ago
that the maximum VEID was 32767.  I've just RTFMed now and can't find a
reference.

As a test I just generated a VE with a VEID over 400000.  This is probably
the first itme I've tried to generate a VEID over 32767.

So what is the maximum VEID?

Are there any hidden problems if I start using VEIDs over 32767?

We're running OpenVZ on Lenny (Debian 5.0) with a 2.6.26-2-openvz-amd64
kernel.

Cheers,

Rob

Email: robert at timetraveller.org
IRC: Solver
Web: http://www.practicalsysadmin.com
Open Source: The revolution that silently changed the world