[Users] Re: [Announce] Kernel branches 2.6.24, 2.6.26 and 2.6.27 are now frozen

Josip Rodin joy at entuzijast.net
Mon Apr 26 08:38:57 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 04:19:21PM +0400, Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
> This is to inform that from now on OpenVZ project
> no longer maintains the following kernel branches:
>
>  * 2.6.24
>  * 2.6.26
>  * 2.6.18
>
> No more new releases of the above kernels are expected.
> Existing users (if any) are recommended to switch to
> other (maintained) branches, such as RHEL5-2.6.18 or
> 2.6.32. Kernel 2.6.27 is currently also maintained,
> and will be for some more time, but eventually it will
> also be frozen.

Your subject line is a bit confusing regarding .27...

It would be good if the policy was "we'll match the stable kernel team's
support of .27" - as I'm guessing this will happen in practice. That way
there is a reasonably clear outlook and overall consistency for users.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.