[Users] kvm module for centos ovzkernel?

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Apr 7 12:43:22 EDT 2010

Dietmar,

----- "Dietmar Maurer" <dietmar at proxmox.com> wrote:

> >> Those delays are not there with previous OpenVZ kernels (seem to be
> >> related to recent scheduler changes).
> >>
> >> Can you reproduce it using the WindowsServer2008R2 install?
> >
> >I don't have any media/licenses for Windows 2008 Server R2.  Is that
> >the only OS affected?
>
> As I posted before, you can also observe that with ubuntu if you use
> SDL(X11) instead of vnc.

So far as duplicating your observations with this VNC bug, I haven't found the time to give an Ubuntu KVM VM with SDL(X11) a try. Sorry.  I say report it as a bug to the Red Hat folks and see what they say.

For Windows guests I'd say the way to go would be RDP... which of course isn't there during the OS install.

Gabe Knuth from http://www.brianmadden.com/ has said he would do an article about SPICE in the near future but so far I seem to the the only one nagging him.  On the SPICE mailing list there has been a tiny bit of talk about adapting SPICE to work as a general terminal server/client protocol as well as making it available to OpenVZ and others.  Of course that is some way aways and I'm not sure if anyone is actually working on it but for KVM VMs, SPICE seems to be just around the corner.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried out any of the SPICE stuff yet?  What barriers remain to it becoming widely deployed?  I have been too busy at work to get very far with it yet.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street