[Users] dhcp

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Apr 1 17:38:03 EDT 2010

Mattias,

----- "mattias" <mj at mjw.se> wrote:
> i have a centos downloaded from openvz.org
> centos-5-i386-full
> and added a eth0 interface
> but no command dhclient
> so how to request a ip?

I would say yum install the dhcp client stuff but if you don't have any network... you can't do that, eh? :)

Yes, it is assumed you are using static assignment.

You can manually download the dhcp client packages and them copy them within your container's filesystem and install them.

I have no idea what version of CentOS your OS Template is.  The OpenVZ Project does not have any official OS Templates with "full" in the filename nor are there any with "full" in the name in the contrib directory.

Depending on what version you have (cat /etc/redhat-release), you can download the dhcpv6-client package.  For CentOS 5.4 here are the packages from my local repo:

i386:

http://img.cs.montana.edu/linux/centos/5.4/updates/i386/RPMS/dhclient-3.0.5-21.el5_4.1.i386.rpm

x86_64:

http://img.cs.montana.edu/linux/centos/5.4/updates/x86_64/RPMS/dhclient-3.0.5-21.el5_4.1.x86_64.rpm

I don't know if it requires any additional packages for deps.  If so, you'll have to figure them out and manually download them.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street