[Users] kvm module for centos ovzkernel?

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Apr 1 08:56:30 EDT 2010

Greetings,

----- "Aleksandar Ivanisevic" <aleksandar at ivanisevic.de> wrote:
> Is kvm module available somewhere for the current centos ovzkernel?
> I've googled a bit and saw some source rpms mantoned at lfarkas.org,
> but that site appears to be down.

No, the OpenVZ Project does NOT provide KVM module packages.  For that, see a fairly new project named OpenNode.  It's available as both an addon repo for CentOS and a bare-metal iso installer.

http://opennode.activesys.org/

I've been using / testing their latest release for a couple of weeks now and it works well.  They are working on a nice web-based management system and clustering software that has not been released yet, but in the meantime you can use vzctl for managing OpenVZ containers and all of the standard libvirt tools (virsh, virt-manager, virt-install, etc) for managing KVM machines.

If you want to give OpenNode a try I recommend you check out the docs section of their website as well as their mailing list as there are a number of valuable tips there.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street