[Users] Problem:Unable to add netdev IRC-AT: Operation not permitted

Jan Tomasek jan at tomasek.cz
Wed Sep 9 13:12:24 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have one HW node running Debian and 2.6.18-028stab053 x86_64 kernel.
Second is RHEL5 running 2.6.18-128.2.1.el5.028stab064.4 x86_64.

I need to move VE from Debian to RHEL host but I can't because problems
with netdev:

vzctl --verbose set 233231 --netdev_add IRC-AT
Unable to add netdev IRC-AT: Operation not permitted

I think SE Linux is disabled:

cat /etc/selinux/config
# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#       enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#       permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#       disabled - SELinux is fully disabled.
SELINUX=disabled
# SELINUXTYPE= type of policy in use. Possible values are:
#       targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
#       strict - Full SELinux protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

IRC-AT is IP2IP tunnel created this way:

ip tun add IRC-SE local xx remote xx \
mode ipip ttl 64
ip link set IRC-SE up

Does anyone know where is problem? Thanks