[Users] Shutdown problems

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Sun Oct 11 13:36:01 EDT 2009

Greetings again,

----- "HostGIS Support" <support at hostgis.com> wrote:

> To clarify further on versions:
>
> The HN is 2.6.24 ovz009.1 on Fedora 9.
>
> We must use 2.6.24 despite its "development" status because 2.6.18
> lacks support for AMCC/3ware RAID controllers. Aside from this shutdown
> issue, we have used it for 14 months now under high loads without issue.
> Aside from this shutdown issue, we consider it stable and production-grade.

One other thing... it would be a good experiment to set up a CentOS 5 box with the OpenVZ RHEL5-based kernel... and migrate one of your containers to it... and see if it will shutdown properly there.   Another good test would be to setup a machine using the same kernel you are currently using but without the RAID hardware and see if you still have the same problem with container shutdown.  If so that would indicate that the problem is related to the RAID... although I'm guessing it is unrelated to the RAID but who knows.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street