[Users] slow disc quota checks

frank frank at si.ct.upc.edu
Wed Nov 18 05:28:14 EST 2009

Hi,
we have a VE with samba and about 300 users with 2nd level of quota.
Unfortunately we are having power problems, and the container does not
shutdown well, so container have to do a quota check on startup. Disk
space is about 1 Terabyte, so quota check takes about 1 hour to finish,
and of course users are without service all of this time.

Does it have sense the check spends so much time?
We know that the quota check is necessary because quota file is
inconsistent, but is there any way to speed up the quota check?

Thanks for your help.

Frank

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,