[Users] more filesystems inside a VE

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Mon Nov 2 11:09:39 EST 2009

Frank,

----- "frank" <frank at si.ct.upc.edu> wrote:
> recently we have had problems because a log file has filled all disk
> space inside a VE. To prevent this, it would be good to have a
> separate filesystem for log files. We have read the OpenVZ docs and we have
> only found how to add NFS,FUSER or bind mounts, all of them externals to
> VE. Is there another way to add more filesystems inside a VE ?

You can bind mount from the host node into the container if desired.

Another way would be to configure your log rotation app to be aware of space taken up.  Most are traditionally time-based but can also be told if a log file gets to a certain size, to rotate it.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street