[Users] veth address persistence

Chris McGee cmcgee at gliq.com
Tue Mar 24 13:42:11 EDT 2009

I've read over this documentation a few times now.  I've even tried using
the EXTERNAL_SCRIPT vznetaddroute that is provided and unfortunately it's
not having the desired results.  When I start CT 101 it adds the bridge
interface.  I can enter the CT and run 'ifconfig eth0 192.168.11.244/24' and
'/sbin/route add default dev eth0' and the container works flawlessly.  The
VETH_IP_ADDRESS and VE_DEFAULT_GATEWAY statements don't seem to have any
effect.  I have also tried creating a
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file in CT 101 and that does not
seem to be processed either. Any ideas are appreciated.

Chris M