[Users] Oracle on a VE

Frank frank at si.ct.upc.edu
Thu Mar 12 04:15:29 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,
we are trying to install Oracle on a VE. We have read documents about
it, but still have problems.

-With Oracle 10, we have read the excellent article at
http://wiki.openvz.org/Oracle_10g_VE, but although installation goes
well, we are not able to
create an instance. We get an "Out of memory" message or if we reduce
the instance memory requirements, we get a "ORA-27123: unable to attach
to shared memory segment". I must say that the article is based on a
"centos-4-i386-default" template and we use a
"centos-5-i386-default.tar.gz", but
we don't think that is the cause. Of course the VE has all its
parameters to the maximum.

-With Oracle 11, we get the following message just after execute
"runInstaller":

runInstaller: line 81:  3207 Violació de segment    $CMDDIR/install/.oui $*

We have read that the cause could be the length of the kernel name (what
one get executing "uname -r") which is "2.6.18-92.1.1.el5.028stab057.2PAE",
longer than 30 characters, which is a limitation of oracle command. We
don't know how to avoid this.

Any help or experience will be grateful.

Frank

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,