[Users] Re: Questions regarding unxsVZ

Suno Ano suno.ano at sunoano.org
Fri Jul 24 03:48:25 EDT 2009

here is the answer I got:

Suno,

Thanks for your very interesting feedback and ideas.

Quickly...

1-. We use the typical FOSS business model. Create useful GPL software
and provide SLAs for a very small fraction of users.

2-. We will add an abstract. Good idea.

3-. We are creating yum/rpms for CentoOS only for now, due to budget and
volunteer constraints.

4-. Will look at the mail link.

5-. Mysql danger, I agree that is why 3 months ago we started moving
away from our old very closely tied to MySQL software. !Our most widely
used software was called mysqlBind! Now everything is unxsX. We plan to
implement an abstraction layer to make it easy to use any db.

6-. 4 or 5. Only 2 major commiters.

7-. Git is cool. But right now we are trying to stabilize the
refactoring of our code base, via a major effort of base line regression
tests. And we are small enough, that the foibles of SVN have no impact
on our KISS development. Further the interesting part of unxsVZ is
creating a FOSS private EC2+ like framework, with Rightscale features
and much faster autoscaling. We are also looking at creating a firefox
extension to run unxsVZ directly.

Thanks for your email!

Cheers!
Gary