AW: [Users] Arp update / sendarp in case of machine movement ?

Robert Heinzmann Robert.Heinzmann at 1und1.de
Tue Jul 14 13:29:22 EDT 2009

> I wrote a gratuitous arp daemon (garpd) which turned out to
> be necessary for our needs. If you turn down the timeout, it
> may be just what you need. Want a copy?

I investigated some more. I found that OpenVZ does ARP updates on
network interface addition by itself ...

--
File /usr/lib/vzctl/scripts/vps-functions
# Send ARP request to update neighbour ARP caches

However this is only called by /usr/lib/vzctl/scripts/vps-net_add

So to call this when a machine starts, I will try to add it to

  /etc/vz/conf/vps.mount

Which is executed every time a machine is started. (I already use that
hook to add the HOST "hostname" to the VE's, so that they know "where
they are running").

So thanks, I will try the "simple script withing OpenVZ" way first. But
thanks anyway.

Regards,
Robert