[Users] sshproxy + debian lenny inside openvz container

Pongracz Istvan pongracz.istvan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 15:35:28 EST 2009

Hello guys,

I would like to use sshproxy inside an openvz container.
I used debian lenny, which has sshproxy in its repository.

The installation went fine, including the extra-plugins and
sshproxy-client.

The initial setup (sshproxy-setup) also went fine, including the
"wizard" setup and adding the administrator (which is not part of the
unix users, not exists as user in the system, only exists in sshproxy).

So, the sshproxy daemon starts well and it is listening on the specified
port.

When I try to login as normal user into sshproxy (in port 2242), it
handles correctly: access denied, which is correct.

When I try to login as sshproxy administrator, there are two cases:

1st After I give the correct password, I got error message and the
connection cancelled.

2nd After I give the correct password, sometimes it lets me in, but when
I try to do a command, such as 'help', I get the error message and the
connection cancelled.

I am installing a native debian lenny at this moment to check the
"normal" situation. I spoke with the debian maintener, who told me,
sshproxy should work without any problem. So, at least in openvz
container it is not working.....

Anyway, the problem seems related to the thread handling...

Before I paste a lot of error logs, I would like to ask that, does
anybody run into this kind of situation?
Or does anybody use a similar solution for ssh proxy (with session
recorder + GPLx)?

Thank you in advance,

István

--