[Users] Re: problem installing vzyum-2.4.0-11.noarch

Ade adrian.bradshaw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 03:45:00 EST 2009

2007/4/12 Benny Amorsen <benny+usenet at amorsen.dk>:

> BW> The tools do not work on x86_64 and I feel that it must be
> BW> addressed but it seems to be overlooked as of yet.
>
> Indeed, it is most unfortunate.
>
> What we do is run a 64-bit kernel with 32-bit userland. It isn't
> perfect, but our guests only need <32MB memory anyway, so it doesn't
> hurt too much.
>

> /Benny

I recently upgraded my host from 32bit to 64bit. Everything seemed to
go well but when I recently went to install vzpkg I go the
"cElementTree.so" error. A quick search threw up the fact that this is
a known issue and I found the work arround on the wiki.

My quesion is - is this on the roadmap to be addressed - looking at
the date of this thread I guess its not. Thats a shame

Anyway, love OpenVZ - it totally rocks.

AB

PS Anyone using vtonf ? I wanted to, thats how I found the above issue :-(