[Users] Kernel 2.6.27-037test001 available

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon Jan 19 16:13:54 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 13:43 -0500, Jean-Marc Pigeon wrote:
> Bonjour a Tous,

> > >        Good news! thanks...
> > >
> > Although a release does not make much a difference to me, since I grab
> > everything from git either way. I tried the openvz-2.6.27 kernel two
> > weeks ago and quickly went back to 2.6.26 because it completely locked
> > up my system (no kernel panic / debug info with serial console) when I
> > tried to stop a guest. I see that there have been a few commits since
> > so it may have been fixed. I guess testing again is in order...
>
> 	For now I'll stay with "My" kernel-2.6.27-037test001
> 	in production, my containers are happy (rh-9 -> fc-10)
> 	but it is good news to know something is moving at openvz
> 	regarding the 2.6.27 kernel.  (auditd and utime were
> 	still found problem with 2.6.26 running fc-10 as a container)

	So far, I've only run into the one kernel panic with
2.6.27-aivazovsky.1, but that's pretty serious, in the IPv6 firewall
connection tracking.  I've had relatively poor results pulling from git
and building from there, but I wouldn't expect it to be totally stable
or even up to development release.

	The whole audit subsystem seems to be a morass ATM.  They have the
whole CONFIG_AUDIT subsystem turned off by default (it's enabled in
Fedora for several cycles) and it results in a lot of bitching in the
VE0 and the VM's.  Enabling it and rebuilding the kernel cleans up the
host engine but the VM's are still noisy but I haven't looked further
into that one.