[Users] Same directory served by HN and VE

Jason Voorhees jvoorhees1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 18:22:09 EST 2009

Hi people:

I know that OpenVZ doesn't support a NFS server running inside a VE,
right? Well, I have a Samba server in my VE serving /some/path without
problems.
But I also need to export /some/path trough NFS so I was thinking
about serving that directory from HN running a NFS server.

The directory is placed under /vz/mnt/VE0-sharing in HN. I do a bind
mount with my VE so that directory is available under /some/path.

So /some/path is served by Samba in my VE
and...
/vz/mnt/VE0-sharing (same content as above) it would be served by NFS in my HN

Can I get some problems doing this? Maybe corruption, file lockings,
etc? Can I loss data?

I hope someone can advice me ... Thanks