[Users] Massive performance degradation

Russell Miller duskglow at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 12:34:54 EST 2009

Hi all,

One of the things that I have been tasked with at work is doing
detailed performance analysis of openvz.

I have discovered that when running more than one guest and saturating
the bandwidth of both of them (I ran netperf to the same host on two
guests at the same time) I take a 20% hit in performance, invariably.
ie (approximately).

One guest:  900 Mb/s
Two guests:  700Mb/s total, around 350Mb/s per guest.

This is obviously a significant hit, and I can think of no reason
offhand for it.  Has anyone here seen this kind of degradation?

--Russell