[Users] Re: How to disable/remove SELinux within VE ?

Ralf rm at amitrader.com
Sun Feb 22 20:33:59 EST 2009

Sterling Windmill wrote:

> Since installing OpenVZ requires disabling SELinux on the host
> and all of the containers share the host's kernel,
> I don't believe SELinux works in a container.

Hmmm. in my VE the following 2 selinux libraries are installed:
  libselinux1
  libsepol1

And these below depend on the above 2 libraries:
  coreutils
  libpam-modules
  mount
  util-linux
  cron
  libdevmapper1.02
  libglib2.0-0
  logrotate
  openssh-server
  passwd
  sysvinit
  sysvinit-utils
  vim

So, I would need to deinstall the dependent modules as well,
but then even ssh is among them... :-)

Any tips on how to remove selinux from my system?
(I have access to the VE only)

BTW, the mentioned command in Victor's posting (setenforce 0) isn't available here.