[Users] vzctl return code -2

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Wed Dec 30 08:36:55 EST 2009

unni krishnan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting rc code -2 from the vzctl when starting the container. It
> seems the issue is with the vps lock. Also I am searching for an
> option to start the VPS like --skip-lock with vzctl.
>
> What the the return code -2 from vzctl means ?

(1) vzctl man page (from the latest git, not yet released) have error
codes documented.

2 means "failed to set a fair scheduler parameter". Do you have any
other diagnostics than that? Anything that vzctl prints?

(2) there is a --skiplock option, it is not documented since it can
bring more harm than good.

If there is a stale lock file vzctl recognizes it and works around it.