[Users] help with install on ubuntu

Dan Rossi electroteque at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 01:58:08 EST 2009

I know this is a long shot but I thought i'd ask. I tried to do an upgrade from ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10 and now the hardy images do not run correctly which such errors like mountall /proc/self/mountinfo " no such file or directory". I would like to start using 9.10.

I've been forced to patch and compile my own vanilla 2.6.27 kernel, however this is obviouslly not a patched ubuntu kernel and I cant seem to patch the ubuntu kernel with the latest patch. Is it safe to use the vanilla kernels ?

What do I do ?

Is there any plans to support a 2.6.31 kernel in ubuntu 9.10 ?