[Users] Issue with VZ setup with squid

Ed Groth ed at boxpopu.li
Mon Aug 31 16:29:47 EDT 2009

Ian,

I am guessing that the iptables rule is what is blocking the request
from the inside to your web site.  It is not possible to port forward
using DNAT within a local network.

What you could do is set up a TCP-level proxy from your firewall to
squid (although you would have to keep track of the source address
some how.)

If you are already inside the firewall why not use the internal IP
address of your container to access its web site?

This issue would be the same with or without openvz and you can look
for more information on any linux networking newsgroup.

Thanks,

  Ed