[Users] Remote storage and migration

Gastón Keller gastonkeller at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 18:42:17 EDT 2009

Hello, list. I've been using OpenVZ since last year. Now I'd like to
configure the cluster I've been using to use remote storage, so that
migrations do not require to copy the container's filesystem.

Reading the wiki and the forum, I've learned that NFS is not
recommended, but I don't know why. iSCSI has been suggested as a way
to go, although no success story supported the suggestion. Finally,
somebody said that he was using GFS without problems, but one of the
OpenVZ developers said (at that time) that GFS was not recommended due
to stability issuess.

I've been told that remote storage with OpenVZ is not a well-known
area, but I have to ask anyway, so as to leverage in previous
experiences. Any information is welcome, even more the problems that
were found with each approach, so that I know were to go and were not
to.

Of course, I plan to report back my findings, be it that I succeed or fail.

Thanks in advance,

--
Gastón Keller
M.Sc. Candidate