[Users] VE (CentOS 5) boot process fails when launched from SAN

Thomas Gautier thomas at hooste.com
Tue Apr 28 08:34:25 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have a very strange behavior when launching the exact same VE from
the local vz directory or from a mounted iSCSI SAN (/san/vz in this
case).

When launched from the local disk the VE starts normaly but when
launched from the iSCSI SAN, the services are not launching properly
(like the boot process is somehow uncomplete) and I have to launch
each service manually (including the network).

I have to say this is the exact same configuration, I'm only changing
the symlink between the local disk or the iSCSI SAN.

Is there any way to debug the boot process of a VE? Ayone else ever
encountered this kind of problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thomas Gautier.