[Users] 2.6.18 OVZ kernel and 00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device 3a22

Anton Gorlov stalker at altlinux.ru
Fri Apr 24 09:21:35 EDT 2009

  I am trying to compile kernal 2.6.18 -OVZ to use it on server with
ICH10 (SATA controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device 3a22). I took
config file which currently in use on this server for
kernel-smp-2.6.16.46-0.12 (SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64)).
The kernel can not find any sd* devices on load so the system does not
work.  Which options should I check to compile the kernel correctly? The
controller uses AHCI mode