[Users] Sharing VE with a SAN on different HNs

Thomas Gautier thomas at hooste.com
Tue Apr 21 11:14:59 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to get multiple Hardware Nodes connected to an iSCSI SAN
sharing different VE. The idea is to be able to start a VE from any HN
using the files directly on the SAN so I don't even have to migrate
the content of /vz/private/<CTID> from one HN to another.

For this I tried different solutions from symlinking the whole /vz
directory from the san on each HN or just the /vz/private directory.
In each case, the VE will start but I won't be able to enter it using
ssh or vzctl enter. I get a pty error everytime.

Is there any recommended solution for what I'm trying to achieve?
(avoiding, if possible, to store each VE localy on each HN and then
mount the home per example from the SAN)

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Thomas Gautier.