[Users] how to reset ubc values

Richard Ray rray at mstc.state.ms.us
Fri Apr 17 17:00:28 EDT 2009

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, Andrew Cranson - Layershift Limited wrote:

> http://wiki.openvz.org/UBC_failcnt_reset
>
> Regards,
>
> Andrew Cranson
> Director of Operations
> Layershift Limited
>
> www.layershift.com
>
> ICQ: 161813538
> AIM: cransona
> MSN: andrew at transnexis.com
>

> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Richard Ray <rray at mstc.state.ms.us> wrote:
>> If I change a ubc value (kmemsize, etc.) the change shows up when I
>> "cat /proc/user_beancounters" but restarting the VE does not clear
>> maxheld or failcnt
>> How can I reset these values without rebooting the HN

Thanks for the link
There is a passle of great info on the wiki

If I check config-2.6.18-92.1.18.el5.028stab060.8 I see
"# CONFIG_UBC_KEEP_UNUSED is not set" and since "vzctl restart ctid" does
not clear maxheld or failcnt from the above mentioned document I guess I
have to shut down the VE and wait at least 5 minutes before restarting

Is this correct

Richard