[Users] new vzdump - need testers

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Mon Sep 22 07:22:42 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I am looking for testers for the new vzdump version, available here:

DEB:
http://www.proxmox.com/cms_proxmox/cms/upload/vzdump/vzdump_1.1-1_all.de

RPM:
http://www.proxmox.com/cms_proxmox/cms/upload/vzdump/vzdump-1.1-1.noarch
.rpm

SOURCE:
http://www.proxmox.com/cms_proxmox/cms/upload/vzdump/vzdump-1.1.tar.gz
<http://www.proxmox.com/cms_proxmox/cms/upload/vzdump/vzdump-1.1.tar.gz>

New features:

*         Only send one mail per backup job

*         Bandwidth limitations (avoid high loads on server)

*         Support qemu-server images (used by Proxmox VE)

*         Bug fixes

Changelog:

2008-09-17  Proxmox Support Team  <support at proxmox.com>

        * vzdump (snapshot_vm): use --no-whole-file --inplace for rsync
(works

        better for large files), also use --stats --numeric-id and

        apply bandwidth limits with --bwlimit

        (archive_vm): use --sparse option for tar

        * vzdump: support to backup/restore qemu-server images

        * vzdump: new --stdexcludes option (we no longer exclude files
by

        default, because most users expect to have a full backup
including

        all files and logs)

        * vzdump: add --tmpdir option as suggested by Ugo Bellavance

        * vzdump: add --wait option, using locbal lock file to

        make sure only one instance is running

        * vzdump: set default snapshot size to 1GB, new --size option to

        specify snapshot size

        * copyright: fixed fsf address

        * Makefile (SBINDIR): set to /usr/sbin (command is only useful
for

        user root)

        * vzdump.spec, control.in: we now depend on rsync, cstream and
MTA

2008-09-16  Proxmox Support Team  <support at proxmox.com>

        * vzdump (read_vzdump_defaults): added global configuration
file.

2008-08-18  Proxmox Support Team  <support at proxmox.com>

        * vzdump: added --node option (proxmox ve cluster support),

        use --rsyncable for compressed files

        removed --xdelta option