[Users] problems creating vz cache

Robert Nelson robertn at the-nelsons.org
Thu Sep 18 23:51:49 EDT 2008

Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 05:51:40PM -0700, Robert Nelson wrote:
>
>>> I think it would be a good idea to fix these to issues in the debian
>>> packages:
>>> 1. Make procmail a dependency.
>>>
>> The lockfile binary code was inherited from the original apt-cacher.  I
>> didn't realize it was supplied by procmail, thanks for pointing that out.
>>

> Please switch to something like lockfile-progs for locking, depending on
> procmail just to get lockfile(1) is unnecessary.

I agree about procmail being overkill, I wasn't planning on adding it as
dependency.  However lockfile-progs is only available on Debian, plus
since pkg-cacher is written in Perl I wanted to find a Perl module to
handle the locking.  I'm going to use LockFile::Simple.  It is available
as a standard package on Debian and Fedora so I just need to create an
RPM for CentOS.