[Users] problems creating vz cache

Samuel Vogel samydelux at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 19:21:49 EDT 2008

Robert Nelson schrieb:
> You also need to install vzctl.
>
> The template name would be something like:
>    debian-etch-amd64-minimal
Thanks for the quick reply. I managed to resolve the first error. The
procmail package is needed as it provides the lockfile binary. I guess
this would be worth being added to the dependencies of the vzpkg2 package.

I also do have vzctl installed. Sorry forgot to mention this!

I also did figure out a template name. Just the same as you just posted.
But I get an error again:
# vzpkgcache debian-etch-amd64-minimal
Creating cache for debian-etch-amd64-minimal OS template
I: Retrieving Release
E: Failed getting release file
http://Debian-40-etch-64-minimal:3142/debian/dists/etch/Release
ERROR: Script /usr/share/vzpkg2/apt-cache-install failed

I really can't make any sense out of this error message. It looks like
it's requesting something on port 3124 that isn't there. But the why
this weird hostname?

BTW: Thanks for the really quick reply!

Regards,
Samy