[Users] Re: [Devel] OpenVZ & Linux-rt

Pavel Emelyanov xemul at openvz.org
Mon Sep 1 05:08:15 EDT 2008

Adeel Nazir wrote:
> Has anyone tried mixing Ingo Milnar's real-time patchset with the OpenVZ patches?

Nope.

> Or if anyone has any ideas if there'd be conflicting issues between the 2 patchset's?

Well, I guess there will be, but the only way to find it out for sure is
to try to patch it ;)

> I tried trivially applying the patches from both projects and there were a lot of
> places where the patching failed, requiring a manual review,

So we already have an answer :)

> leading me to ask for
> some details on what the openvz patchset really changes from the stock kernel?

The answer would be too big (I think we can even write a book about it), so
if you have any concrete questions, feel free to ask. But this one is too
generic to answer, sorry.

> Thanks
>

> Adeel

Thanks,