[Users] Ubuntu 8.10 i386 minimal OS Template posted to contrib

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Fri Oct 31 19:58:37 EDT 2008

Greetings,

I'm not much of a Debian / Ubuntu user but I thought it would be nice to have an Ubuntu 8.10 OS Template posted close to the release of the Ubuntu 8.10.

What I did was create a container from the stock Ubuntu 8.04 i386 minimal OS Template.  Then I upgraded it.  Then I followed the wiki page on how to create an Ubuntu OS Template... to do some needed cleanup.

You can find it in the contrib directory:

http://download.openvz.org/contrib/template/precreated/

http://download.openvz.org/contrib/template/precreated/ubuntu-8.10-i386-minimal.tar.gz

ubuntu-8.10-i386-minimal.tar.gz   31-Oct-2008 18:54   52M

I created a few containers from it... and it seems to work for me.  Feel free to test it out and let me know how it goes.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street