[Users] New pkg-cacher and vztmpl2 [testing results]

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Nov 19 17:05:53 EST 2008

Robert,

----- "Robert Nelson" <robertn at the-nelsons.org> wrote:
> The fix:
>         Add "initscripts" to /vz/template/fedora/config/small.list

I edited /vz/template/fedora/config/minimal.list and added "initscripts" and that fixed the problem.  I was able to build Fedora 8 i386/x86_64 small and Fedora 9 i386/x86_64 after that change.

> The problem with Debian Sarge doesn't happen to me.  Debian Sarge got
> demoted, it was moved from the primary servers to the archive servers.
> I can think of two possibilities.  Check your /etc/pkg-cacher.conf file
> to make sure the path_map has an entry for debian-archive.

I checked /etc/pkg-cacher.conf and debian-archive was not listed.  I wasn't sure exactly what to add so I just moved the existing config out of the way and did a force reinstall of pkg-cacher which provided me with the newer config.  I guess when it upgraded it didn't take the config from the new package and name it .rpmnew like some rpms do.

After getting the newer config, which did have the debian-archive reference, and then restarting pkg-cacher... it worked just fine.  Thanks!

48 of 48 OS Templates build now.

I made containers with the debian-sarge OS templates and the Fedora small OS Templates and tested them and they worked fine.

All OS Templates work.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle