[Users] VE on GFS/GFS2

Frank frank at si.ct.upc.edu
Fri Nov 7 07:30:56 EST 2008

Hi,
we was running OpenVZ kernel 2.6.18-53.1.19.el5.028stab053.14 (on a Red
Hat 5.2) and using GFS, and works quite good.

After migrating to 2.6.18-92.1.13.el5.028stab059.3 we noticed gfs module
didn't work, and we saw that other users had the same
problem, and that the solution is to return to previous version.

We have set up a new server with this last OpenVZ version and GFS2, and
although  gfs2 module is load without problems, it seems
there are other issue related to gfs2 and devices access, getting the
following message when trying to run a vzctl enter command:
"Unable to open pty: Invalid argument"
Also the problem has been confirmed by other users.

So, is there a prevision to solve this problems?
What is the right way at the moment? Old version with GFS? Will the gfs
module work again in future releases?

Thanks in advance for your help

Frank
UPC - Terrassa - Spain

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,