[Users] /proc/meminfo in VE

Josip Rodin joy at entuzijast.net
Fri May 30 16:01:53 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:47:06AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I converted a virtual machine from Xen to OpenVZ, I noticed that my
> meminfo-graphing scripts broke horribly :)
>
> I figure most of those parameters are too hard to extract on a per-VE
> basis... right?

Hm, I just found that I have two machines running the same 2.6.24-ovz004
kernel, but the VE /proc/meminfo differs between the two - on one machine,
there is one single VE on the machine, and that one sees all the data;
while on the other machine, there are several VEs, yet none of them see
the data.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.