[Users] fuse kernel module

ritesh sinha sinha.riteshk at gmail.com
Fri May 30 07:34:05 EDT 2008

Hi all,
I was trying out openvz and ended up in trouble.

I was trying install glusterfs on a centos VM (over centos base machine).
For this i needed to install a kernel module called fuse.

I compiled it & installed it. The kernel module file fuse.ko gets created,
but when i try to do "modprobe fuse" I get :
FATAL: Error inserting fuse
(/lib/modules/2.6.18-53.1.19.el5.028stab053.14/kernel/fs/fuse/fuse.ko):
Operation not permitted

There is no permission related issue (i am working as root). The bad thing
is that when i do lsmod on any VM the output is null (I see no kernel
modules at all).  This prompted me on thinking that whether modprobing any
kernel module is allowed or not. ?

Kindly help me sort this problem

Regards
Ritesh