[Users] Same NFS export in multiple VEs with different mount options

Yoann Moulin ymo at adviseo.fr
Mon May 26 17:50:01 EDT 2008

Jonathan Beckman a écrit :
> On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 6:43 PM, Yoann Moulin <ymo at adviseo.fr> wrote:
>> I don't if there are a link, but I've an issue with same nfs export in
>> differents VEs.
>>
>> see : http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=msg&goto=29539
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Yoann
>>
> My problem does not identify itself like this. I'm running a venet
> configuration though.

I think (I'm almost convince), it's not directly how the network is
configured (veth, venet, whatever) but how the kernel manage nfs export
so can be related to your case.

For my case, the bug appear when I shutdown an interface, in your case,
it's appear when you try different options on the mount, but in the both
cases, we are working on same nfs export.

I mean, I don't know how the kernel manage nfs export, I'm not enouph
familiar with kernel source to understand it, but trying to mount
exactly same mount point in 2 VEs can have side effect in kernel land.

if I'm mouting  /mnt/data, it will be mounted like that on the HN:

nfs_server:/export/data /private/VEID1/mnt/data
nfs_server:/export/data /private/VEID3/mnt/data

so "nfs_server:/export/data" is exactly the same ref.

maybe it's already manage and in that case, mea culpa, but, I'm still
having a doubt.

fyi, I can reproduce your bug, if an export is already mounted in rw in
a VE, I can't mount it in ro.

regards

Yoann