[Users] Skipping quota at start and doing it later?

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Thu May 15 09:07:26 EDT 2008

Gregor Mosheh wrote:
> Kir Kolyshkin wrote:
>
>> I guess that if you can live w/o disk quotas you can disable this
>> entirely and forget about the problem you have. Option to set is
>> DISK_QUOTA=no (in /etc/vz/vz.conf)
>>

> Sure, but we DO want quotas to be enforced. I just don't want to wait 90
> minutes for recalculating disk usage at startup, when I know that the
> usage hasn't changed since the power went out.
It was suggested earlier in this thread that if you will comment out the
following line

need_restart="${need_restart} ${veid}"

in /etc/init.d/vz you get the exact behavior you ask for. Can you
confirm (or deny) this?

If you can confirm, a parameter can be added to vz.conf making this
restart optional.