[Users] Problem with TCP window too large for TCPRCVBUF still present

Marcin Owsiany marcin at owsiany.pl
Wed Mar 26 08:31:20 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 03:13:56PM +0300, Vitaliy Gusev wrote:
> > The way I did that recently was:
> >  1) saturate the link (medium-quality 4 Mb ADSL) in both directions from
> >  another machine
>
> Traffic from other machine to VE (and vise-versa) or from other machine to VE0?

 [ Box A ]--\
             +----<ADSL>-----[ Internet ]------[ cd mirror in australia ]
 [ Box B ]--/

Box A contains the VE I'm testing the patch in.
Box B is another box on the same LAN, using the same ADSL line, which I
used to generate the traffic on the internet link in point "1)".

> Is it TCP or ICMP traffic?

TCP (HTTP download and an scp upload).

--
Marcin Owsiany <marcin at owsiany.pl>              http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216

"Every program in development at MIT expands until it can read mail."
                                                              -- Unknown