[Users] simfs 2tb limit?

Arjan Schrijver arjan at anymore.nl
Wed Jul 30 04:26:16 EDT 2008

Garith Dugmore wrote:
> Is there a 2tb limit on the simfs filesystem?
>
> I've tried increasing "DISKSPACE" in the relevant VPS conf and it
> skips that specific line upon "vzctl start $VEID".
>
> Invalid value for DISKSPACE=2100000000:2200000000, skipped
>
> If I lower it I can get to the point where I have 2.0TB available to
> me in my VPS. I haven't tweaked that value to see how much I can
> really get mainly because I actually want nearer 4TB in my VPS.
>
> Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Currently
> I'm opting for using the HN for setting up this specific server as I
> then don't have the 2TB limit/restriction.
Hi there,

I must say I haven't tried with quotas, but without quotas OpenVZ can
handle it perfectly.
My container has DISK_QUOTA="no" set, and it can use my 5 TB perfectly:

# df -h
/dev/vzfs             4.8T  2.2T  2.7T  45% /
#

So I guess you should look into the limits of the quota support.

Regards,
Arjan