[Users] 2.6.24 stable

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 13:20:26 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Gregor Mosheh <gregor at hostgis.com> wrote:
> Roberto Mello wrote:
>>
>> Is 2.6.24 considered stable yet?
>
> When I installed it three weeks ago, it was considered development. I've
> been using it with DRBD, NIC bonding, and a 3ware 9650 controller for the
> last three weeks and so far so good!

I have been using it since February at home and since May in my
production units at work. For the most part it is stable, although I
do still have a rare problem that pops up every once and a while that
causes me to have to restart the application (usually a console app).

When this happens I get a message in my dmesg output about "scheduling
while atomic"

This is with 2.6.24-ovz005 #1 SMP PREEMPT but I do not see this at
home with the git version.

John