[Users] Debian-style init scripts considered harmful?

Oliver Heinz oheinz at fbihome.de
Fri Jul 11 05:29:06 EDT 2008

Am Freitag 11 Juli 2008 05:18:07 schrieb Kir Kolyshkin:
> The workaround is to introduce a feature to hide guests' processes from
> the host system. This is implemented in OpenVZ kernels >= 2.6.24 as per
> bug #511 (http://bugzilla.openvz.org/511).

That is great news, I don't consider it a workaround, seems like  a great
feature to me :-)

I preferred  vservers behaviour on that. You have a special context (1) where
you see all processes and in the root context (0) you see just those that
belong to the root server. And you may change to context 1 if you really want
to operate on the whole process list.

So thanks for creating this "workaround"! Will it still be possible to see the
complete processlist including those hidden guests  if you want to do it on
purpose?

[ups, am i hijacking this thread? I hope it's still of relevance to the
original poster]

Oliver