[Users] running with no limits?

Kirill Korotaev dev at parallels.com
Wed Jul 9 02:17:36 EDT 2008

You just need to set maximum values to barrier/limits and VM will be essentially uinlimited.
Check /proc/user_beancounters to see how host VM is limited with "unlimited" values (i.e. highest possible
limit value).

3 notes:
1. max limit is different on x32 and x64 machines
2. both barrier and limit must be set to these values.
3. in such a configuration if a global memory shortage happens out-of-memory
   killer kills some app as in native Linux system.

Thanks,
Kirill