[Users] Re: IPv6 ?? *SOLVED*

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Thu Jan 31 04:01:27 EST 2008

Jan Tomasek <jan at tomasek.cz> writes:

> I'm not sure, but I think that my setup is router independent. For my
> virtual servers I got prefix 2001:718:1:e::/64 (which is unbelivable
> waste of IP range but they say this is normal in IPv6).

Don't worry too much about address waste. E.g. every single IPv4
address has an equivalent /48 with 6to4.

Also, the current allocation policies only apply to 1/8 of all IPv6
space. It is not expected that the other 7/8 will ever be needed --
they are reserved in case the architects were wrong and we need to be
more frugal.

/Benny