[Users] RHEL3 and other older distributions

Bailey, Darragh dbailey at hp.com
Tue Jan 29 13:24:09 EST 2008

<snipped>

> I guess this is http://alternatives.sourceforge.net/. I am not a guru in
> it, but I know it creates symlinks for different software, such as, in
> this case, different python versions. That way vzrpm can be built with
> different python versions which makes it possible to use on different
> host systems.
>
> If you do it just for yourself, you can remove this stuff from the .spec
> and just build your vzrpm with only one version of python.

True, but I was thinking that the work that I'm doing on this might be of use to the project, and might be worth submitting back. So making the changes in a form which is useful to the project wouldn't be that much harder.

Perhaps that is something I should take to the devel list?

--
Regards,
Darragh Bailey

Systems Software Engineer
Hewlett Packard Galway Ltd.
+353 91 75-4674

Postal Address:    Hewlett Packard Galway Limited, Ballybrit Business Park, Galway
Registered Office: Hewlett Packard Galway Limited, 63-74 Sir John Rogerson's Quay Dublin 2
Registered Number: 361933