[Users] IPv6 ??

Benoit Branciard Benoit.Branciard at univ-paris1.fr
Thu Jan 24 12:29:03 EST 2008

Temporarily giving up messing with veth devices (forgot dhcpd server for
now), I concentrated on setting up a basic VS with both IPv4 and IPv6
addresses, using standard venet device.

I'm using Debian Etch hardware node with debian.systs.org packages.

So I did:

- install packages and reboot as necessary :
fzakernel-2.6.18-686 vzctl vzctl-ostmpl-debian vzdump vzprocps vzquota

- ensure /etc/sysctl.conf contains :

net.ipv4.conf.default.forwarding = 1
net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter = 1
kernel.sysrq = 1
net.ipv4.conf.default.send_redirects = 1
net.ipv4.conf.all.send_redirects = 0

- ensure /etc/vz/vz.conf contains:
IPV6="yes"

- create VS :
vzctl create 112 --ipadd XXX.YYY.ZZZ.12 --ipadd xxx:yyy:zzzz::12
--hostname brahma-vps112

(default template is debian-4.0-i386-minimal, hardware node has only one
physical interface activated, on the same subnet as VS)

- start VS :
vzctl start 112

Result:

- IPv4 VS works as expected (ping succeeds from hardware node, external
server in same subnet, external server on another subnet).

- IPv6 VS doesn't work !!! (ping6 works *only* between VS and hardware
node, not from external sources; VS has IPv6 address correctly defined,
as per ifconfig).

Am I missing something ?

I suspected it may be useful to set sysctl
net.ipv6.conf.<iface>.forwarding to 1, but :
- this turns the box in "router" mode, disabling RA acceptance from
default router (annoying)
- this doesn't work either !!

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.