[Users] Re: Patch to turn a centos-4 metadata into a centos-5 version

Chris Turan lists at christuran.com
Wed Jan 9 19:58:40 EST 2008

Roberto Mello wrote:
> I don't know much about templates, but I'd like to create a new VE
> with CentOS 5.
>
> Would you be so kind as to guide me to the appropriate documentation
> that tells me what to do with your patch so I can accomplish that
> goal?

Hi Roberto,

You can either do one of the following:

1) Download the pre-built metadata rpm I created from
	http://www.neonhost.com/openvz/vztmpl-centos-5-2.0-2.i386.rpm

- or -

2) Create the metadata rpm using the patch I provided.  Follow the
instructions at http://www.neonhost.com/openvz/  Copy and paste every
line from those numbered steps.

Afterwards, you'll have to install the template on your host system, run
vzpkgcache, and run vzctl create but there already some very good
documentation on the openvz.org website.  The OpenVZ User's Manual is a
good place to start.

-Chris